After a long winter offseason, outdoor cricket is starting to creep up on us once again. As the 2018 season is now just around the corner, it is a good time to update you all on a number of exciting developments and events in store.
The London Road 2 square has been re-laid
- The council carried out groundworks on the pitch to remove around 6 inches of mossy thatch that was sat on the surface.
- With this cleared off, the bounce should be a lot more consistent and conditions overall more conducive to quality cricket.
- This is a massive boost and will benefit all sections of the club
- Discussions are ongoing with TVBC regarding laying an artificial pitch out there as well...watch this space
Nets begin this Sunday
- Winter nets return this Sunday (4th February) at John Hanson.
- All players aged 13 and over are welcome to attend.
- We also welcome any new players who are interested in joining the club.
New Hampshire Star Signed
- The club are delighted to welcome Hampshire young gun Asher Hart to the club. The young all-rounder made his first class debut last summer for Hants.
- Asher will be available to play first team cricket this season and will also be helping out with coaching.
Bowling Machine Repaired
- At long last the bowling machine is back in action!
- This will give batsman the opportunity for a longer bat in the nets this winter and throughout the summer.
- Cricket Force 2018 is scheduled for Saturday 24th March. Any help, however small would be welcome as we look to get the club in tip-top shape for the summer.